Thursday, 30 August 2012

Best Friends

My friend and I drink coffee at the harbour in the town where she lives. We talk of children, school, of plans for work. We play with the baby girl and joke a little until it's time to go. She has brightened my day. The girl who held the flowers while I stood at the altar, and then later - on quite a different sort of afternoon - sat me down and said 'You will get through this. You'll be OK'. 

She is a breath of fresh air this bright and funny woman. On the blackest of days she will open her door and look after me and mine. I am lucky to have her. When our children are grown and missing from our side, I will drink her tea, and pour her wine, and be glad still, for the bright and funny light in my day... x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting - it really does make my day x