Monday, 24 September 2012

Milk Teeth

The nearly 5 year old is preoccupied with teeth. The sort to wobble, pull and fall free of the gum. Not yet, alas for this boy. In a classroom where a tooth is lost on a daily basis, my worrier of a son is concerned that he is falling behind.

I tell him it will come, I show him a special box bought on holiday when he was younger than the baby girl. I whisper of the tooth fairy, pillows, and a penny for his bank. He is eager to please this magical apparition, who will visit - like Santa Claus - only if he is fast asleep.

He runs a tongue, again, over 20 teeth set perfectly fast, and drawing a breath - eyebrows raised to the sky - looks thoroughly bored with the prospect of the wait... x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting - it really does make my day x