Sunday, 3 March 2013

Some Of Us

For some it comes easy. Or too soon or when they least expect it to be.
For some it is a long wait.

Some find help.
Some find their way there by chance or mistake.

Sometimes it arrives late.
Some - like my own mum - remain beautiful all their days.

Some are lucky time and again, in blessed health.
Which is sometimes - and inexplicably - cut cruelly short.

Some lose.
Some leave too soon.

Some climb mountains in pursuit of a better way.
A few - in trying - fail.

Some make us laugh.
Some write their song in the aftermath.

Some find lost souls.
Some - believing they will never smile again - somehow find the strength to carry on.

Some find their voice.
Some are lucky to find what they have almost lost.

Some find they can help.
Some are yet to know the happy end they so deserve.

In some way we find we are the same.
We know utter love - which remains - for the rest of our days.

There is our triumph.
There is our Mothers Day... x

This week I am linking up with the wonderful Wednesday WordsProse For Thought and the Weekend Blog Hop

33 comments:

  1. beautiful, love it, a real tribute to some great mums! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma so pleased you like it!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful poem and you have summed up so many aspects of motherhood. I have a feeling I am going to be sharing this lots in the lead up to Mother's Day
    Charlie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Charlie and thank you for sharing x

      Delete
  3. Helen that is just wonderful. I so admire your writing, you have a unique style that just makes everything such a joy to read. I knew I had the lost souls, how they heal my lost soul. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome your poem is beautiful xx

      Delete
  4. This is lovely! Thank you so much. I love that I make you laugh, what a nice thing to be noted for. Made my very snuffly day (I'm ill and desperately want to go home) far better. Happy Mama's Day to you too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had to get 'laugh' - your post was the most hilarious thing I've read this year :-) x

      Delete
  5. Oh how very beautiful. I'm going to share this on my private facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post and a fabulous idea! I'm putting it into the Newbie Tuesday Round-up post tomorrow - hope that's ok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and of course that is OK! x

      Delete
  7. Beautiful poem and what a lovely way to link and appreciate the other sites and blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was just so lovely! :o). And you included some very poignant links - Edspire and Multiple Mummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I wanted to acknowledge some amazing mums x

      Delete
  9. A beautiful poem and I love how you have encorporated such fitting links. Very clever and very moving. I could read this again and again. Thankyou for linking up to Wednesday Words. This was a delight to read. Very inspiring. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma. Wednesday words is lovely, a real treat to read all the inspiring posts x

      Delete
  10. Love this - said it before, will say it again x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. This is just beautiful, so raw and touching. Thank you for sharing it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of amazing types of Mothers, so well written.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for all the lovely replies! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab post, you really are so clever x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this poem. Its just beautiful. Love all the links too. Unique touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post and tribute to everyone, I will be thinking of these mums tomorrow....

    Thank you for sharing it with us at welcome to the weekend hop, following back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - it really does make my day x