Saturday, 25 January 2014

Saying Goodbye

For the past couple of months I've been working on a special set of keepsake designs, which later in the year will be available exclusively through loss charity Saying Goodbye. I'm so pleased to have this opportunity for my work to help raise funds for such a worthwhile cause.

The designs remain top secret for now, but I'd like to share a poem which I've written as part of the collection. Tonight I've personalised it for a Mummy and Daddy who unfortunately - this week more than ever - understand its sentiment all too well.

Saying Goodbye

Matilda Mae - our girl,
what a special joy it's been to have you in our world.

We didn't know,
that it would not be very long before you'd have to go.

Little one we hope you know we love and miss you so.

And every night,
if there were ladders to the sky which we could grasp and climb,
we'd bring a kiss to tuck you in and sing you lullabies.

Dear beloved darling girl - sleep well, sleep sound, sleep tight.



This week I'm going to be writing a letter. 



Letters To Matilda Mae is a linky open until February 9th.
I'll be joining in and if you'd like to do the same you can find out more here.

9 comments:

  1. Just beautiful x Thank you so much x I would give anything for that ladder x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could build it - sending love xx

      Delete
  2. How beautiful. I am crying reading this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, its heartbreaking that families should need poems like this at all xx

      Delete
  3. You're a very talented lady, I'm so pleased to see you using your gift to help others. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. .... Now I am crying. So beautiful, and full of love. I'm with Mummy Plum, you are amazingly talented. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Can't wait to see your designs too.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - it really does make my day x